The VICC participation agreement
If you are working to create cancer variant interpretations and would like to formally join the VICC, please consider signing the VICC letter of support.
Cancer Variant Knowledgebases
There are now quite a number of high quality cancer variant knowledgebases that aim to document the clinical relevance of individual variants. A growing list of these resources along with some of their features are maintained here: Cancer Variant Knowledgebase List.
If you believe this list is missing a relevant resource or contains any inaccuracies, please contact us.
Beth Pitel (Mayo Clinic) as part of her role in the Cancer Genomics Consortium has developed an excellent series of educational tutorials for popular variant interpretation resources.
- Cancer Genome Interpreter
- Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer
- CIViC - A Knowledgebase for Clinical Interpretation of Variants in Cancer
- Compendium of Cancer Genome Aberrations
- Database of Curated Mutations
- ICGC Data Portal
- IntOGen - Mutational Cancer Drivers Database
- JAX-Clinical Knowledgebase
- Mitelman Database of Chromosome Aberrations and Gene Fusions in Cancer
- OncoKB - Precision Oncology Knowledge Base
- The Precision Medicine Knowledgebase
Relevant git repositories
- HGVS Specification
- Variant Modelling Collaboration, VMC Specification
- VCF Specification
- Variant Allele Registry
- ClinGen Curation Interfaces
- ClinGen Pathogenicity Calculator
- SEPIO (ontology for representing scientific evidence and provenance information)
- (Re)usable Data Project
Precision medicine initiatives we hope to serve
In addition to the molecular tumor boards at participating institutions with cancer variant knowledgebases the VICC also hope to help provide high quality clinical variant interpretations with any interested precision medicine effort. The following is a selected list of precision medicine efforts and cancer treatment centers we are actively engaged with: